STEP 1: Acquire assets for the desired pool
In order to be a liquidity provider, you will need to own the 2 assets from the pool you want to provide liquidity for.
Example: You wish to become a liquidity provider for the MCP/ETH pool
To participate in this pool, you need to own MCP and ETH. You can purchase these assets uni swap and need to store them in your Metamask wallet.
STEP 2: Become a Liquidity Provider on Uniswap
- Go to: https://app.uniswap.org/#/pool
- Connect your wallet via Metamask
- Click “Add Liquidity”
- Choose ETH and MCP. You can find the MCP by searching with this contract address — 0x2186ecb39f1b765ba7d78f1c43c2e9d7fc0c1eca
- Choose the amount of ETH and MCP to put in the pool. Note that the amounts need to be 1:1 in terms of $ value. For example, if you choose to put 1 ETH in the pool, you will need to put 5000 MCP along with it (if 1 ETH = 5000 MCP).
- Once you choose the amounts, click “Supply”
- Confirm the transaction in your Metamask
- You will now be able to see your stake in the pool on the “Pool” part of the Uniswap interface